11.11.2008

are speaking plainly and

Random pieces of conversation I've heard today while killing time at the airport:

Woman: I want a breakfast sandwich of some kind.
Man: Well, there's lots of places in this food court. You could have a donut, or a croissant, or a . . .
Woman: I want a breakfast sandwich.
Man: I think that place has fresh fruit.
Woman: A breakfast sandwich. Bread. Eggs. Meat.
Man: I think I want some coffee. Care for any?
Woman: Did you hear me ask for a breakfast sandwich?!


Woman on cellphone: . . . well, I'm sitting at Newark Airport right now. You won't believe what happened.
Unknown on cellphone: (too quiet to hear)
Woman on cellphone: No. I got arrested getting back into Turkey!
Unknown on cellphone: (too quiet to hear)
Woman on cellphone: I'm going to take care of it today. But Caesar's out of country. What should I do?
Unknown on cellphone: (too quiet to hear)
Woman on cellphone: I think I left everything in the black briefcase...

No comments: