12.16.2008

there is no limit to the

I once made the insane and arrogant comment that whenever I walked into a room, I believed I was the smartest one in it. So I like being reminded how much I don't know. Alright, I don't actually like being reminded, but whatever. In any case, at the elder meeting last night, we briefly discussed what our policy should be regarding anointing others with oil. I'd never in all my years as a believer ever given an ounce of thought to the practice and what I should believe about it. A quick google search revealed various viewpoints (you can read one HERE or HERE or HERE).

It's good to know that there is no end to what I can learn. Even someone as prideful as me feels better knowing how infinite a topic faith is, that there is no limit to how much more He can teach me if I'm willing to listen.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

1) you aren't in many rooms with me.

2) what did you decide during this silly conversation?

Wept_over said...

1. That shows how smart I am.
2. We decided the topic warranted further serious study.