9.07.2009

and it is enough for us

Have I been lazy posting? Yes. Will I ever return to normal posting? Lord only knows. Does anyone care? Can't imagine so, least of all me.

"Joy of Contentment in Christ" {Phil4:10-20}
* Contentment = "state of being satisfied with one's possessions, position, & status in life"
* Joy comes through Lord's provision (v10) -- high points in faith walk often come after God provides special gifts
* Joy remains in a heart of contentment (v11)
- Where I am
- What I do
- What I have
- Who I'm with
* Contentment is learned (v12)
- Learned through being in need (same as "humbling self in Phil2:8)
- Learned through having plenty ("Wealth has destroyed the character of more people than poverty has")
* Contentment is strengthened by Christ (v13) -- "all things" refers back to v12
* Contentment is demonstrated through sacrificial giving (v14-20)
- Giving is good (noble thing) (v14)
- Giving is partnership (v15)
- Giving is ongoing (v16)
- Giving is credited eternally (v17)
- Giving is pleasing to Lord (v18)
- Giving is rewarded (v19-20)
* Application
- Learn contentment (resist comparison, rejoice in present, refocus on eternity, release to others)
- Grow in giving
- Trust Christ as Savior

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I care. :)

Peeps

mom said...

I look every day to see if you have written something. I always enjoy a "good read".