2.26.2010

bearing His own cross

I haven't done well maintaining any consistency in meditating here. But that's not to say meditation isn't occurring. Already paralyzed with great fear about Good Friday even though I stand firm in the Spirit He has given me and the message He placed on my heart. So plenty of meditation on the cross already. Even moreso, after reading THIS. That article is as must-read as anything I've ever read, and speaks to everything I see and feel when I think of Christianity. The cross is THE central aspect of the gospel for me, period period period. And the article eloquently speaks to the fight I fought to change our church's vision to what it should be. Simply put, while we are a faith that holds the Trinity to be true, our faith is and always should be a Christ-centered faith; a cross-centered faith. In a grand fantasy where I force the church to bend to my will -- I didn't say it was a good or healthy fantasy -- the only thing I was demanding was the pervading presence of the cross on every available square inch. You can bet the farm Bethel will be covered by the cross in every way you want to read into that.

No comments: