4.20.2012

remembering that night and day for

Earlier this week, spent some time with a Catholic priest for research purposes. Left that meeting with a feeling in my heart I couldn't readily identify. Thinking about the past is always interesting, and so want to ponder the past in the next few posts.

As I type this out in the madness of insomnia at 3 in the morning, I'll simply relate one aspect of the feeling in my heart: fondness. I love the Catholic church, despite the theological differences I have with it. I love it for its sense of divine reverence. I love it for its near-OCD attention to ritual. I love it for its foundational tradition. But most of all, I love it as a married couple loves that recounts their courtship:

I love it because it was there I fell in love with Jesus.

No comments: