10.15.2004

Peter, turning around

I played 18, which is maybe why this metaphor is in my head -- or it's the right comparison at the right time. Regardless, three outings ago, had you offered me 150 yards down the fairway I would have traded you five balls each time. That's $6 an offering so don't downplay the trade. Nevertheless, several online articles and a crooked right and a straight left later and that $6 is staying inside my pocket. My point? It was an immediate change. Gradualness is for suckers; give it to me straight up.

Cephas in Acts is like my driving -- outright flopped, steps suckered. He has the confidence of Bonds, the power of Bonds, and the persuasion of Bonds (that's Robert, Barry, and two Jims for those counting at home). Only a few weeks removed from the rooster debacle, he's clearly the driving force behind a new movement.

No online articles for him; the power of God.

No comments: