10.15.2004

you may remember that I

I'll take minor characters for $600, Alex.

Who is Barsabbas?

Great question, better answer. Matthias probably thinks he's the headliner, the answer to some Biblical trivia. Who replaced Judas as the twelfth disciple? The early church would consider him a leader. He probably received special honors and recognition whenever he showed up. There he is -- one of the twelve! I vaguely recall twelve seats or such in New Jerusalem, but I'm not revving yet so that's a crapshoot. My point is that he won the head-to-head primary, so round of applause for Matt.

Give me Barsabbas, though. Still on minor kick, yesiree. But here's the thing: I can't imagine Barsabbas getting anything less than the above as well. Trivia? Sure thing. Who was the other disciple nominated to succeed Judas beside Matthias? Still reckoned a leader, I reckon -- to be nominated from the 120 required something special, I'd imagine. The honors? Considering the pattern of success after humbleness, and the recognition can be yours for $6. And the seats were imaginary anyway.

The edge lies in the lack of recognition as one of them. Let me do my job, and go. I don't need to stay for the rest.

No comments: