11.03.2004

to God who gives us the victory

There's a Simpsons episode where Bart gets hopped up on sugar and basically can't control himself. That's sorta how my mind is working right now. I'm so hyper giddy from last night's results that I can't process anything rationally right now.

Loose thoughts:
* Why do I feel victorious? I didn't do anything except pray -- which is the best thing I can do, actually, so maybe victorious is the appropriate sentiment.
* Why do I feel victorious? Only God could have carried out a victory where the incumbent has done everything short of drinking on camera to lose an election. To win by 3.6 million can only be attributed to God. Maybe victorious is the inappropriate sentiment.
* What would I have felt had the results been otherwise? Betrayed? God has no obligation to answer my prayers. Disappointed? God's will should never disappoint anyone.
* Why am I questioning my feelings? Because...well, isn't that my thing??

No comments: