5.26.2005

man must be careful how

Like that last post about Jakes, or in others where I'm harsh on the media or scientists, or even other believers, really. There's an undercurrent of vehemence that I want to clarify.

It's not spite.

Ps139 has it:

Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?

I hate them with the utmost hatred;
They have become my enemies.

Not just regular hatred, but utmost hatred. But lest I forget the rest of that Psalm:

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;

And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

There's probably a little bit of spite in there for good measure. Search that out and lead me. Liar loves anger like the Dark Side loves anger. Even righteous anger can be used by liar to trip a soul. I know this.

No comments: