5.26.2005

may give an answer to those

For crying out loud. Who makes me angrier, the interviewer for his inane questions, or TD Jakes for his inane answers?

* Interviewer has "What do you dislike about Christianity?" as his second question?! Why not head straight to "What's wrong with Jesus?"
* What kind of idiotic question is "Why do you stay Christian?" Ummm, because it's the truth, and I'm not a fool destined for the lake like you?
* But no, Jakes answers by saying "Because my faith works for me." It works for you? It works for you? By how? Making your books bestsellers? Packing the pews each Sunday so you can preach before a packed house? Setting you up wealthy for life? But not because it's the truth, right? The interviewer had to clarify your answer to the cross for you?
* "Who's your favorite Christian?" It's like the interviewer is in sixth grade. Please check this box if you like me.
* Jakes: ". . . and anytime you're CEO over that many people." CEO, huh? Not shepherd over your flock? I must have missed that Gospel passage about pastors and their MBAs. CEOs manage money; shepherds manage believers. I guess maybe the choice of CEO is appropriate for you then.

Jakes, I'll give you one guess as to who's not my favorite Christian.

No comments: