7.26.2005

My words, and the words which you hear


This is why we read Isaiah, because despite the imageries we cannot understand, despite the histories we cannot grasp, despite the allusions we cannot get, we come upon Isa40-43, and discover perhaps the most beautiful chapters in all the Word. Song of Solomon is given the reputation that it is a love letter from God to His bride, but that’s a false reputation. I submit to you instead that these Isaiah chapters are in fact the love letter.

“He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.” {Isa40:11}

“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” {Isa40:31}

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” {Isa41:10}

“When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.” {Isa41:17}

“I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee” {Isa42:6}

“But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, ‘Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.’” {Isa43:1-2}

“I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.” {Isa43:25}

Those that say evil about the Word have not read a single letter, not a one, else they'd grasp that the entirety is an "I love you" bound in ink and paper and glory.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: