7.27.2005

stayed at the house

You might think I have nothing to say about this, and you'd be wrong. But not doing the easy and opining on the pop culture and religion intersection. You can't see where this is headed.

Here it comes.

This is no different than evangelical beliefs in mansions, exemplified by Randy Alcorn discussing speculations he crafts into truths.

Out of left field.

I will be the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about what Heaven will be like. But the truth is, no one else does either. The difference is I'm not going off and making speculations appear to be dogma. Seriously, why on earth would I need a grand mansion in Heaven? The presence of the Lord not enough? What, I need a break at around 8:00 pm to sleep on down-filled comforters the softness of which I can't imagine? Just ludicrous.

You envy the rich here on earth. Leave their mansions here with your envy. I'll take my Heaven filled with the glory of the Almighty and call it enough.

No comments: