8.12.2005

then they remembered that these things

I think people write articles like this simply to drive me insane with rage. Before my brain and heart burst with anger, let me comment on two things:

(1) Lutherans currently have joint communion with Presbyterians and are now adding Methodists. Sweet. If they can sign an agreement with New England Episcopalians, the evil trinity can be complete. I imagine once that happens, they'll make communion using whiskey and tobacco and incorporate ritual animal sacrifices, but who knows.

(2) Note to Lutherans and Methodists and others: We already shared in the Holy Communion the minute we became believers. The body and blood of Christ aren't proprietary. It's the same remembrance, same cross, same salvation.

You want to thumb your noses at Catholics, go ahead. Your act hides nothing.

No comments: