8.01.2005

with power from on high

Check out the second half of Isa66:2 for another sermon topic:

"But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

I'm especially interested in the second half of that second half, the trembles. I've spoken of the trembles before, but this kind's different.

The first half of this second half will probably get more notice, seeing as how it resembles Ps51:17. But the second of the second is more interesting. He's looking not just for contrition and humbleness, but one who trembles. Now, the salvation doesn't require the trembles, not what I'm saying. Saying what pleases Him is all three.

Take the trembling for whatever you wish it to mean: trembles from fear (Ps111:10}, trembles from closeness, trembles from expectation and joy. Take the word to mean His word, or simply His leading. But something needs to shake, and it better be your heart.

No comments: