1.31.2006

who was known to the high priest

Saw this tonight. Then read this thereafter. Not going to review a review, which is a waste of time being once-removed. But the surprising part of the review is the revelation that Cash was some famous Christian.

At no time in my pre-life did I hear he was a believer, and at no time during the walk have I heard he was one, even during the hurrah surrounding his passing in 2003. This little piece mentions the type of faith he held. I'm sure there are others that more completely explain his faith.

I guess it reminds me of the story I heard Miss Massachusetts tell:
There was this man who worked in an office. And he had a coworker who was a notorious lout. One day, the lout became a changed man, and the officeworker heard someone congratulating him on becoming a Christian. This officeworker goes over to the former lout and says to him, "Welcome, brother! I heard you joined us in the kingdom."

"You're a Christian?" the lout asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"You're the reason I didn't become a Christian earlier," the lout replied.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Well, you have a great job, a great family, a great life. I didn't know you were a Christian, so I thought I could have all that happiness without becoming one."
Zing.

I'm not commenting on the strength of Cash's faith, me being a black-calling pot and all. I guess what I'm saying is that at the end of my life, I hope there isn't ever a doubt.

No comments: