3.05.2006

shall be one flock and

Brief message sans outline or notes. Based on John 21 and breakfast with Him. Key theme: your background doesn't matter. Your skills don't matter. Your experience doesn't matter. What matters is always the obedience to the call. Reminder of one of my favorite anecdotes, true or otherwise:

John Wesley: If only God would give me wings, I'd fly for Him!
Charles Wesley: Brother, if He bids me fly, I'll trust Him for the wings.

Better than the mesage was the gathering after, and for once, not a forced reunion, but rather a collective and communal testimony to God, of His singular ability to unite the ununitable and make them one family. Still getting used to the family, but like them, like them very much. And in Him, love them, love them very much.

No comments: