8.28.2006

for an image in the form of

I suppose as a follow up to my earlier post, the wondrous one pointed out a more recent happening. I only call it to attention because of the almost even divide twixt Mary sightings and Jesus sightings. I wonder why it is that of all the important Biblical figures, Mary is the one believers spot as often as they see the Lord?

Why not donkey shapes signifying the minor used to bear Him into Jerusalem? Why not Moses shapes, arms raised with a staff? Why not bushes afire or Samaritan women? It seems to me that divine personifications would manifest themselves in numerous forms, and not merely cliche images captured in paintings and candles.

Perhaps they do. Perhaps these manifestations actually do occur, but that the only ones we openly recognize are the ones familiar to us. Be on the lookout for disciple-shaped cereal, friend. Perhaps He is closer to you than you think.

No comments: