10.24.2006

close attention to yourself

I'll ignore the ridiculousness of the use of the Lord's name in merchandise in this famous saying. I've covered that enough before. Those T-shirts capture the Prot focus on the Lord being your friend, an intimate connection that may or may not be too intimate with a being that can breathe the world into existence.

John15:15 is a striking v, however. I pored over John15, and the next morning friendly lyrics filled my waking thoughts, as if a reminder that He wants that level of intimacy. He is offering that level of intimacy. I don't think He means for you to disrespect Him with your overly friendly terms of endearment. Then again, His heart breaks for me in ways I cannot understand, and that love might very well be accompanied by an intimate arm across my shoulders.

No comments: