3.03.2007

at the table in the house

A few excerpts from tomorrow:

But the symbolic reminder of the broken body and the shed blood of the very Son of God for our sins? Well, what this table represents is absolutely beyond any sort of conversation about price, isn’t it? The idea of "price", the value we place on something, is important to think about when at the Lord’s Table.

But God looked at our situation, God looked at the impossibility of us ever atoning enough for our sin, He looked at the hopelessness of our futures, He looked at the eternal separation from Him that was our destiny, God looked at us and said, “But I love them. But I love them. What would I pay, what price would I pay to save the ones I love?” John 3:16 tell us: “For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son . . .” God said, “What would I pay? What price would I pay to save the ones I love? I would give my one and only Beloved Son to save them.”

That’s why the Lord’s table is no ordinary table; that’s why the Lord’s table is precious, it’s symbolism is priceless. Because the bread represents His broken body, and the juice represents His shed blood – both are beyond any sort of conversation about price.

No comments: