4.13.2007

for this reason also

Met with some brothers this morning and discussed the same things been discussing in the last few posts. Unsure why this arranged focus recently. These thoughts are always with me, and made more sharply concrete with recent holidays, so perhaps for others and not for me. And not claiming as some might believe that this is the only perspective in which faith should be considered. Just claiming this is my way.

But for me, the raison d'etre for my walk has to be love. You can take your rewards and live with them. As I've expressed before, those riches are beyond me and I'm ecstatic to have them. But they cannot be the reason for my reaching out for His hem. That would be too self-focused. And you can take your fears and live with them. As I've expressed before, the fear of the Lord is an underfocused theme, and I know wisdom's roots begin there. But they, too, cannot be the reason my eyes look for His leading footprints. That would be too self-focused as well.

Love says I'm not worthy. Love says Christ is the only one that matters. Love says I don't want those disappointed eyes at the throne. Love says my sacrifice and trial-filled walk are insignificant compared to His. And love says, if you love Me, you will follow and so I do.

No comments: