4.23.2007

have you not just now called to me

Still musing on what I want to be when I grow up. Not just who I want to be and who He wants me to be, but also who I am shaped to be.

This afternoon, trying to instruct the sweet things on how to catch a baseball with a mitt. Tried to show them how the mitt is shaped to catch, formed to catch, made to catch. It can be used as a shield or a projectile or even a hat. But it is shaped to catch.

I am shaped for something (and no, I don't mean this lame acronym or this cliche song). There's been this building unease and tension between what I want and what I can do and what I think I can do and what I think I should do and what I think I want to do -- I suppose at some point I need to pick up the wet/dry fleece and take my 10,000 down to the water's edge and listen to His test.

No comments: