10.10.2007

at a distance, seeing

Been meaning to link to an interesting profile of a believer. (Extra points for him for attending my high school.) Many have decided to mock Kitna's testimony. I don't know where I stand on the issue of prayer and religion and how that mixes in with sports. But I do know an amazing story when I read one. And in case you missed the astounding sentence in the article, let me highlight it for you:

"Since he signed a four-year, $11.5 million deal in March 2006, about 20 Lions have given their lives to Christ."

In a year and a half, Kitna has been used by the Lord to bring in 20 new brothers into the kingdom. And if those 20 go on to be spiritual leaders of Godly families, those 20 will soon be part of the beautiful kind of pyramid scheme.

It is easy for us to want to separate God from trivial things like sports entertainment. But that separation is not something the Lord wants, I'm beginning to think. Because if it's that easy for you to build that little wall between the little things in your life and the cross, how much easier will it be to craft that bigger wall twixt Him and you?

No comments: