12.02.2007

and it became perfectly calm

"Filled with Peace Amidst Pressure" {Luke2}
* Much food consumed during holidays, yet many experience emptiness still -- not about being filled with food but rather filled w/ Lord
* One of best things to be filled by? Peace
- Isa9:6: Prince of Peace
- Luke2:1-14: One of reasons for incarnation of Christ? Peace on earth (not twixt nations but twixt man & God)
* I feel pressure when others' decisions affect me (v1-3)
- In Luke1:1 Caesar Augustus decision affects all his kingdom
* I feel pressure when I don't have control (v4-7)
- Mary not required to travel w/ Joseph for census; chose to
- Fulfilled prophecy
* I feel pressure when I am afraid (v8-10)
* I experience peace when I experience peace w/ God
- Rom5:1, 2Cor5:17-18
- Peace w/ God = absence of His wrath
- Only solution through gift of Christ Jesus {Rom6:23}
* I experience peace when I experience peace w/ others
- Eph2:14-17, Matt5:9, Rom12:18
- Forgiveness modeled by Christ, walls broken by cross
* I experience peace when I experience peace within
- John14:27, Phil4:6-7, Col3:15
- Calm assurance that whatever God is doing is best
* Applications
- Acceptance
- Focus {Col3:1}
- Gratitude {Phil4:6}

No comments: