12.07.2007

waiting for the moving of

One of my favorite carols is an underrated one: "Do You Hear What I Hear?" (full lyrics can be found here). Love how the narrative passes from wind to lamb to shepherd to king to people, all to spread the good news of the coming of the Savior. The past week's posts have all been about this anticipation, this waiting, this expectation. And for as long as I've celebrated Advent, this is the first season where that looking to the coming has been so sharp.

A brother this am reminded me of a John MacArthur sermon where he reminds us that the Lord can take us at any moment. He allows us to remain to glorify Him and to spread the good news of God. Perhaps He's changing my perspective and gearing me up and reminding me that much work left to do, much work.

No comments: