1.01.2008

and it became perfectly calm

Finished 2007 in Philippians, ch.4 to be exact. And as Paul winds down his letter, I was wrapping up my year in similar fashion. No wonder then that the letter resonated. v4-9 particularly felt like a reminder of all the things learned in 2007, what to grasp onto for 2008. And within them, even more particularly, v7.

The peace of God.

I don't do peace well. My body for one is in constant motion. My mind for two never sleeps. My anxieties for three replay worst-case scenarios on permanent loop. I don't do peace well. Prayer for day one even now as I type away at a quarter to two, and for every day till 2009 is grasping onto the peace of God and learning how to do it well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just finished yesterday's reading and found this:

I think one place peace can be found is in HOPE. Look how Hannah changed the moment Eli gave her the hope that her prayer, her heart's desire would be answered. Her entire being changed. She got up, ate, and was no longer sad. Hope brought peace.

It seems that when worries out-weigh hope, peace is destroyed. When distraction, doubt, confusion, even heartache out-weigh the truth of Hope, peace can't exist. But, when Hope out-wieghs all; all worry, all distraction, all doubt, all confusion, all heartache peace reigns.

Find your Hope and you will find peace.