10.24.2008

the blessing and the curse so choose life

I've been critical of Randy Alcorn in the past. I think his book on eternal rewards is ridiculous. I think his book on Heaven might be even more ridiculous, and I'm man enough to repeat both of these statements. I also skimmed one of his fiction books once and found the prose not worth purchasing. So I am not a Randy Alcorn fan to say the least.

But I do respect his heart for the things of God. And his most recent post on abortion and the upcoming presidency is one of the single greatest treatises on being pro-life and the importance of being a single-issue candidate I have ever read. Please click HERE and read it. Then please send it to all your friends. Then please vote with your faith first, and your personal politics second. [Note: Another article you might want to read on being a single-issue candidate can be found HERE.]

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Randy Alcorn is ridiculous? Right, but the other authors you read from and have "better" artsier books of often condones drugs, alcohol, sexual immorality, cursing, etc, those are "better" books?

It is fine to have a discerning spirit when discussing the merits and problems in American Christianity. I spend as much time being critical of the faith as anyone. But it's a fine line between a discerning spirit and a critical spirit, and one of those isn't from the Lord.

Anonymous said...

I loved Alcorn's Safely Home novel about China -- I think it touched me more deeply than any other work of Christian fiction.

Don't be so quick to write him off, brother. He has some interesting things to say, and writes well, in my opinion.