11.29.2008

Want to know something sad? I have absolutely zero heart for the world. Sure, I have a theoretical desire to see all the world evangelized to, and I'm a firm supporter of missions work, but I lack a HEART for the world -- and isn't that more important than some conceptual belief?

Case in point: I have spent exactly zero minutes reading a single CNN.com or newspaper article about the recent attacks in India. In fact, finding the CNN hyperlink was my first time clicking on a single article. Death toll of 125, injury total north of 300, and I have spent zero time thinking about the situation. I have, however, spent literally hours reading about different potential college football BCS pairings.

Pope JPII used to spend several HOURS a day praying over a globe. He would turn the globe, focus on a single country, and then literally groan in prayer for that country, before moving on to the next. Hours daily. One of us is a real shepherd with a heart that truly reflects the love of God. I'll give you two guesses as to who's the fraud, and it isn't the man in the funny hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not making excuses for you, but perhaps your flock is simply the one you are already shepherding. And from my perspective, you have just as much passion and love for them...