12.19.2008

which He prepared beforehand

Ever asked yourself the question "What have I gotten myself into?"

Received confirmation yesterday evening that I'll get a shot at the most important day of the year. I only wanted it because I love it more than any other day, and I'm confident in saying I love the day more than anyone else does. Confirmation did not result in joy, however. It resulted in holy terror.

Public speaking haunts others; I enjoy it. Crafting spiritual lessons is daunting for others; I enjoy it. But combining the two is wholly different. And the terror is not messing up before brethren; it is potentially messing up before the only Judge who matters. I'll trust, however, that the message He has placed on my heart will be fine, just fine.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Looking forward to it. It is indeed my favorite service of the entire year.