3.18.2009

even as I have loved you

So, been a long few weeks...

Have been feeling in a rut for a few months, kind of paddling away in a river that seemed too still to ripple. And I distinctly remember asking the Lord to teach me something about Himself that I didn't know; or if I did know it, that I failed to truly grasp it. And not so stunningly, He decided some trial was the best way to guide me to knowledge.

Concurrent to these events, I have been working on a Good Friday meditation that for the life of me I couldn't feel His Spirit's quill. So again no wonder that while striving through fire, I could feel that nib draft serif upon serif. And the knowledge gleaned from both experiences was one I shall attempt to hold on to through still river, or raging flood.

I believe that He never loved us more than the day He loved us on Calvary. I still hold to that. But I was also taught that every second of every minute of every day He loves me wholly, deeply, and with the fullness of His being. That there is no day when that isn't so. That no trial is too large where that truth cannot emerge victoriously. That nothing can separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. Nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Glad your back!

Marina said...

I agree with your mom, I'm glad you're back too. I always look forward to reading what you write.