4.21.2009

won in battles to

Still thinking about my idea from last week to alter our observance traditions -- especially the Easter morning message. I already have the inklings for how it would go. It should be full-on gloating to proclaim the victory of God. It should be the resounding victory locker room speech between players and coach. It should be full of Amens and Hallelujahs. It should cause one to spontaneously break out in song. No pastor worth his salt would ever give up the pulpit on Easter. But boy, would I be ready for the call. (Bigger question is if I'm ready for the calling?)

A few quick thoughts:
* Finished work of the cross
* Gameplan explained (on the third day)
* Victory over death
* 1John5:4, 1Cor15
* Reminder of the eternal end, already revealed (Rev)
* Ending rush: Jesus saves

1 comment:

Mom said...

I've been thinking about your idea and think it's a good one. Why not try it at least. It puts the emphasis in the right places.
I'm praying about your "calling".
You can have the peeps!