5.22.2009

and fastened to the cross

One of my biggest grievances against my current church is its lack of crosses. Not only do we not have one on top of the building, but we don't have any on the walls within the building. I'm sitting in a hospital dialysis ward, and there's a nice brown cross beneath the clock on the wall. Getting to the ward, I pass two other crosses. If there's a bigger indictment against modern Protestant churches than the fact that I see more crosses in a hospital than a church, I don't know what it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that if you did not grow up Catholic, or if you grew up in a church in Africa you would feel as passionate about this?
N

Wept_over said...

Absolutely. The Apostle Paul says he preaches Christ crucified. He talks about the cross being foolishness to those who are unsaved, but to believers it is the power of God.

I simply love the cross, and I believe all believers should.

http://weptover.blogspot.com/2009/04/our-sins-in-his-body-on-cross.html