11.08.2004

like a garment they will also be changed

I watched an ESPN interview with Ray Lewis last night that skipped my heartbeat at the same time that it raised my guards. I think they're related and contrary, and we'll get to both. The long and the short of it is Ray Lewis is apparently a Christian (?!). Note: I've searched high and low for a transcript of the interview; if I find it, it'll be up, you can guar-an-tee that.

Upraised guards: This is a man who wears expensive mink coats and drives fancy cars and is spotted clubbing with groupies. Like lionsaver, this is who we want as a representative? He can't be a real Christian, can he?

Skipped beats: These images of him are old images. Maybe the change is recent. Maybe the minks and the cars and groupies are out with the fire-direction. And if he can be changed, what's that say for others? Promising, right? And really, the glamorous sins are no different than my plain ones, really.

No comments: