9.13.2006

and pick up your stretcher and go home

Been listening to one of his hits on repeat recently. Have an almost natural desire to dislike the almost too-contrived heartstring pluckers that form the basis of every one of his songs. He's like the musical version of a hallmark card. But his voice and music have the same quality that another artist has -- this way of striking the emptiness within you and bringing forth melancholy and hurt.

The one I've been listening to has some powerful lyrics:
And even though I'm walking
Through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
He will carry me
Recently been wandering through the shadows and can't find that light that leads through the darkness, can't see the exit through the thickness of this fog. This song has been giving me the patience to wait for the One to bear me through the noise to that place of peace I long for.

No comments: