10.08.2008

before them, and picked

Trying to get my head around the concept of predestination/election. The lead shepherd of my flock will be addressing the issue in a month, so looking forward to that. Not going to discuss all of the pros and cons of this theological concept, but I'm coming around to the commonly-accepted position that believers are somehow pre-ordained or at the very least predicted.

Leave it to America's best pastor to put the concept into something more tolerable. The first clip shows him making very good points about the justice of God in relation to election. The second clip explains why Piper actually embraces the concept of election. I swear, there's a forty percent chance Piper could convince me that Biblically, the world is flat.



3 comments:

Kevin said...

on election is where i disagree with the reformed theologians.

that and the book the shack :)

Wept_over said...

"that and the book the shack"

That's like saying, I agree with the reformed theologians except for their disbelief in transubstantiation. We always defend our own heresies.

Kevin said...

Amen brother!