12.03.2008

It is good, my daughter

I recently wrote about being thankful for the strength to be obedient, and for the blessings that often accompany obedience. Two years ago, I was happy with only two children, but driving to a church event, I heard the Lord clearly tell me to have another child. Later at home that night, I was startled (I shouldn't have been) to find out that He'd given my wife the same direction that day. A year ago today, the reward for that obedience was the miracle that is my third sweet thing. And I learned in the instant of a child's cry how incomplete my life had been seconds before.

She's got this sparkle in her smile that looks like it traveled through a light year of sweetness to express itself. She's got this need for intimacy in her that results in moments of warm embraces. She's got this squeak that sing songs as if questioning someone. And if that question is directed to me and wondering how much I love her, well the answer is beyond my ability to express in words.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Really your reaction should have been "sweet!" not surprise.

Wept_over said...

True enough. I lack faith that way sometimes.